Our Portable Appliance Testing Procedure @ P A T t e s t 4 U™ your local Portable Appliance Testing Specialists
Portable Appliance Testing of any electrical appliance involves several processes. This process is also referred to as in-service testing. In general there are 4 stages to the Portable Appliance Testing process, but this is dependant on the classification of the electrical appliance being inspected.
Portable Appliance Testing or In-service Testing involves:
- Preliminary inspection of the appliance
- An earth continuity test (only applicable for CLASS I appliances)
- An insulation test or earth leakage test
- A functional test
Once the portable appliance test has been completed using specialist portable appliance testing equipment, the results of the test are recorded and if the appliance passed all the tests/stages a PASS sticker is given.
All testing is carried out in accordance with The Institute of Electrical Engineers’ (IEE) code of practice, with full public liability insurance. All our engineers carry with them as standard the following should you wish to inspect them:
- Copy of Public Liability Insurance
- Copy of current calibration certificate for Portable Appliance Testing equipment
- A Copy of The Institute of Electrical Engineers’ (IEE), Code of Practice for the In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.